Thursday, 27 June 2013

Harvir's Ladies Sangeet

I attended a family members ladies sangeet last night. For those of you who have no idea what a ladies sangeet is then please read about it here but the word 'sangeet' means 'singing' so basically the night is about singing songs to do with marriage, lots of good food, dancing and pretty lights. This occasion happens on both the bride and groom's side but the bride's side is slightly different. I was on the groom's side and my mum and I arrived half way through the singing. The family had hired a woman to sing and play the dholki (indian drum) as well as a woman, wearing red, to do some giddha dancing (a popular indian dance for women) and they both created an amazing atmosphere. After all the singing was done, the DJ stepped in to play bhangra songs and this got the whole family up and dancing! Unfortunately I won't be attending Harvir's wedding because we have another wedding to attend but from the ladies sangeet last night I can tell I'll be missing out on an unforgettable wedding party! Let me know what you think of the shots I took. I took them all using my Canon EOS 550D with my 50mm f/1.8 lens on. No flash was used and I was mainly using the aperture priority mode (Av) with my ISO at either 3200 or 6400 and the f-number at 1.8. There are a few more photos from the event on my Flickr page so click here to see them.



Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet Harvir's Ladies Sangeet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!